Friday, October 2, 2009

Van Gogh and Dvorak Cello Concerto in B Minor B.191






I went to the Xul Solar Museum the other day in Buenos Aires and was so happy to hear music playing while walking through the galleries.  I love listening to music while seeing art and usually bring my ipod when I go to museums.  Pairing the two automatically personalizes the experience.  Standing in front of a Rothko while listening to Wu Tang changes the way that I see Rothko and the way that I hear Wu Tang.  It's a symbiotic relationship.  

I thought it would be great to capture that transformation in a way that could be shared, so here is my rather pathetic attempt to bring the two mediums together in virtual space.  I created a video out of an mp3 file, since blogger wouldn't let me load audio files.  I tried to make a short movie using imovie pairing the image with the music, but it wouldn't work.  So here they are, separate and shittily reproduced in cyberspace.

I think it might be fun to do this with different pieces and songs.  Music Playlists paired with Exhibition Checklists, something along the lines of that...

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. Now the painting has a whole emotional story behind it. You can see strife and gentility in those abysmal eye sockets.

    ReplyDelete