Friday, June 12, 2009

Dan Graham at MOCA

I saw the Dan Graham show at MOCA a couple of weeks ago with some friends. I found myself doing a free word association/brainstorm about the show and some of the works.  Here is what I came up with:

Mirror
Reflection
Past, Present, Future
Postmodernist reflection
Gerhardt Richter mirrored pieces
history
man in relation to history
man and existentialist crisis
reflection of body
work in relation to the body, situating the body
body art
vanity
surveillance
documentation
social and political documentary
criticism
reflections of yourself as a way to validate your own existence
Sartre, No Exit
bad faith and relationships with others
influence

There was so much there.  I definitely recommend seeing it.  It will be up at MOCA for the rest of the summer.

I'm having a hard time combining all these things into a cohesive thought/review of the show, so I'll leave you guys with this for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment